A cover up of one of the worst environmental disasters in the history of the United States took place at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina from 1957 to 1987. An estimated one million Marines and families were exposed to multiple sources of unregulated chemicals discovered in base drinking water systems. One specific chemical was benzene, a gasoline additive, which is a carcinogen known to cause cancer. One point one million gallons of gasoline leaked into the drinking water. This has been the subject of at least three congressional hearings over the last few years. Numerous documents containing explosive information have been unearthed.
Another chemical was Trichloroethylene (TCE), a chlorinated solvent in fire extinguishers, aerosol propellants, degreasers, cleaning solutions, paint thinners, pesticides, and glues – to name a few.
How has one Marine survived for 30 years with diagnosis of renal failure, kidney dialysis, congestive heart failure, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and various other catastrophic illnesses from his exposure?
“Inspiration for Courage”
Five Star Review on Amazon By Kenneth Goff
Patrick Sims is the kind of woman you want on your side when you need the courage to step up for something you believe in that is intrinsically linked to your faith. She inspires me with her courage, dedication and heart-centeredness. Thank you for this courageous story.
About the Author
Patrick Sims was born to a Korean War veteran and a homemaker in the backwoods of Mississippi. Currently, she resides with her veteran husband of 40 years in Oklahoma, where the wind goes sweeping down the plains and the buffaloes roam – for real. She is a proud mother of three daughters, (one deceased veteran in 2015), one son and a very proud grandmother of five girls and six boys.
– Internationally syndicated ‘X’ Zone Radio/TV Show – Ontario, Canada (frequent guest)
– Darkness Radio KTLK – Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota
– Co-hosted Voice of the Spirit radio broadcast on American Family Radio (AFR)
– Co-hosted Voice of the Spirit television program on Fidelity Communications
– Blog Talk Radio Show Host – Christian Freedom
– co-founder and President of The KaShanta Sims Foundation
– co-founder and Vice President of Manna Ministries
– administrator for Kingdom Designs and Services
– co-designer of Vida Signature Collections as seen on HSN
Her most enjoyable moments include:
– inspirational/motivational speaking engagements
– Pileha (Pe-lay-uh) concerts (her contemporary, gospel family group)
– writing true stories, and spending time with family
Connect with author on Twitter: Follow