‘Strangers at the Door’ presents twelve dark visions of suburban London, where cracks in the veneer of everyday life afford glimpses of the horrors that lurk beneath.
In this chilling collection of tales:
– A doorbell’s mysterious tune is implicated in the fate of a vanished man
– Something calls through the black void of space, from a moon of Jupiter to a flat in Wimbledon Village
– A windmill reappears in a pub car park, more than a century after its destruction in a thunderstorm
– A schoolboy struggles to draw what he sees in a shunned corner of a communal garden
– Monsters roam the streets around Crystal Palace
– Genetic science unwittingly betrays an ancient family secret
– At the southernmost edge of Croydon, a house’s walls become thinner than anybody could ever have feared
– An enigmatic invitation draws a young office worker to a macabre playhouse in Colliers Wood
– And more…
Enter a realm where shadows are all too often haunted by an insinuation of Lovecraftian terror, and where what should be the comfort of familiar surroundings instead amplifies a sense of dread as normality disintegrates into nightmare.
Available on Amazon
About the Author
Connect with author on Twitter: Follow